Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Spiced Chai Mix

This cool weather reminded me of this recipe.  It is definitely a fall recipes.  I'm not a coffee drinker and I get tried of hot cocoa in the winter.  I went in search of a chai tea recipes.  I got this from the Taste of Homes annual cookbook.  I prefer to spend about $20 on the ingredients and get many cups of tea instead of buying the pre-made chai tea mixes.  I mix up a batch or two and store it in a Ziploc bag.  For a thinker tea mix with milk.

3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened instant tea
3/4 cup vanilla powdered nondairy creamer
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamom (I found this at Target)
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Optional Garnish:
Whipped Cream

In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients; cover and process until powdery.  Store the mix in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 tbsp of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well.  Dollop with whipped cream if desired. 
Yield: about 5 cups mix (26 servings)

No comments:

Post a Comment