Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Making and Canning Grape Jelly


So last Friday night I got together with my aunt and two cousins to make Grape Jelly.  I'm not going to write out the recipe (use the recipe on the pectin) but I will show the pictures.  It was quite the experience and I think I can can now. 

First you must remove the grapes from the vines (these grapes came from my aunt's garden)

 
 


Next step is to wash the grapes


Next you must pop the grapes and seperate the inside from the skin...




Insides:






Skins:



Always make time to stop to drink some wine...

We then must proceed to boiling the insides and straining them....



Next comes the horrible task of chopping the skins...



Drain the skins and now we finally get to start making the Jelly for the jars...





We had to measure out 3/4 of a recipes for the remaining grapes.



Finally we get to put it in jars...



And the finished product.... 36 cups of jelly at 2:30am




No comments:

Post a Comment