Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scotch Eggs

For many years I have been going to the Renaissance Festival and I always have to get a Scotch Egg.  So a few years ago, I thought I wonder if I could make these.  And to my surprise my grandma gave me the Taste of Homes 2010 annual cookbook which had a recipe for them.  I think they are a little healthier than the deep fried eggs at the Renaissance Festival but just as delicious.  You can make a white sauce, a cheddar cheese sauce, or a honey mustard sauce to top them with otherwise they are good plain.  These eggs are a hit every time I make them.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound bulk pork sausage
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 hard-cooked eggs
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes

Directions

  • Divide the sausage into six portions; flatten and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Shape each portion around a peeled hard-cooked egg. Roll in beaten egg, then in cornflake crumbs. Place on a rack in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, turning every 10 minutes. 
Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment