Thursday, August 11, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

I don't think this recipe could have gotten any easier.  The hardest part was cutting up onions or maybe buying the groceries.  Who doesn't love a recipe that takes 10 minutes to assemble... 8 hours later dinner is done.  I tried it because of the cream cheese variation.  Most stroganoff's use sour cream so I thought I would give this one a try.  I also added thick cut mushrooms to bulk it up a little.  I made egg noodles to serve it over and made a salad as a side.  It was the perfect amount for 4 adults.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 4 ounces cream cheese

Directions

  1. In a slow cooker, combine the meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce and water.
  2. Cook on Low setting for 8 hours, or on High setting for about 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese just before serving.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-beef-stroganoff-i/detail.aspx

1 comment:

  1. So excited to try this recipe. With two little tykes EASY is exactly what I look for!! Love your blog Katie :)

    ReplyDelete