Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chicken Divan

Searching around for something for dinner and I came across this recipe which I haven't had in FOREVER!  It use to be a staple at the cabin when I was growing up.  I'm going to have to bring it back when we are looking for something for dinner at the cabin.  The best thing was that I had all the ingredients at home which means you might too.  I also halved the recipe because for 2 of us we don't need a 9x13 pan of this recipe.  Oh and I bet this would make a great freezer meal!


7oz. Elbow Macaroni
4 chicken breasts; boiled and cut into 1 in. pieces)
1 bunch of broccoli; lightly steamed (optional)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small brick (10oz) of cheddar cheese; grated
1/2c. miracle whip
2 soup cans of milk
1 small onion finely chopped


Cook macaroni as directed on the box and put in a greased 9x13 pan.  Add broccoli on to top the macaroni.  Mix the rest of the ingredients including the chicken in a bowl.  Gently pour over the macaroni and broccoli.  Top with salt and pepper.  Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment