Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

My recent goal is to try and use up the things in my cupboard, fridge and freezer.  Last night I managed to use up a couple of things with this recipe.  I got a simple pizza dough recipe from Allrecipes.com and I just created my own pizza toppings.

Dough (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pizza-Dough-I/Detail.aspx):
  Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

Directions:
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.
Bake at 375 degrees C (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

Pizza topping:
3 boneless, skinless breast, cooked, cubed or shredded (I pan fried mine with a little garlic)
BBQ sauce (use as much or as little as you would like)
Onions, thinly sliced
Mushrooms, sliced
Cheese

Directions:
Spread the BBQ sauce over the pizza dough, top with chicken, onion, mushroom and cheese.  Bake according to the dough recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment